We are spending increasingly less time in nature. Only 8% of children have visited natural environments with their school and this is having ramifications into adult life.
Our aim is to have people of all ages regularly interacting with Devon’s natural environment as an integral part of learning that takes place through life. Much of this work is carried out through the Network of Environmental Educators in Devon (NEED), a group of people who facilitate environmental education across the county. The NEED vision is that everyone, everywhere, has access to the outdoors to learn and care about Devon’s nature.
- Board lead and NEED Chair: Lucy Mottram
- Working Group: Ben Totterdell, ENPA
If you would like to find out more about joining NEED and attending meetings, please get involved by emailing the Chair.
- NEED Steering Group – the steering group supports the continued growth of the Network for Environmental Educators in Devon through guiding the activity of the network to align with the common purpose of the LNP, while seeking greater incorporation of outdoor learning and sustainability and environmental education across the other LNP priorities.
- NEED Group – the wider NEED group acts as a platform to offer support, facilitate discussion and share information between practitioners across Devon. The group meets regularly to share good practice and work on joint projects.
- Outdoor learning week (in the works)
- To find out more about the NEED network, outdoor learning experts, school resources and more, visit our Environmental Education pages