These pages are being developed with partners to help community groups find information, guidance and advice. The pages are work in progress and so please email email@example.com if anything is missing, incorrect or links are broken.
Devon Community Toolkit for the Natural Environment
The Toolkit provides guidance for communities wanting to produce their own biodiversity audit, as well as giving other ideas for projects. The toolkit consists of six sections:
- Ideas for projects – from wildlife mapping to improving access into the natural environment
- Examples of projects – projects carried out by organisations or communities
- Existing wildlife groups – an overview of wildlife organisations in the county
- Practicalities – essential practical advice to assist you in your projects
- Wildlife priorities in Devon – an overview of wildlife priorities and designations
- Contacts and sources of information – a useful contact/information list.
Find out what wildlife and habitats are in your local area. Here you’ll find information about collecting background information and data, recording, surveying techniques and mapping.
Headline information on legislation, policy and relevant issues such as planning, lighting, disease and invasives.
Manage, restore and create
Here you’ll find lots of information about how to manage, restore and create different habitats.
Things to consider when setting up a wildlife project or initiative including information on funding, health and safety and insurance.
A list of local and national organisations, Devon specialist wildlife groups, Devon Community Groups, wildlife consultants and other useful contacts.